Message from the CEO
"In 1994 I left a software company that was about to go public – a company that I had started with my own money – in order to found Interactive Intelligence. I did so because I truly believed there was a revolution coming in business communications and I wanted to be part of it. The early years were tough. Imagine trying to sell a Windows NT-based 'unified' communications system against Lucent, Nortel and the other legacy telecom giants. Back in '95, '96 and '97, people said it would never work and would never sell. Well, more than a decade later, the world looks a lot different! We've sold thousands of systems. Gartner has declared the PBX dead. And the telecom giants like Siemens and Nortel don't look quite so tall. In fact, the same competitors that derided our system back then have been scrambling in an effort to stitch together multiple products and re-label them as 'unified' in an attempt to play catch up. However, we haven't looked back. With our continued focus on R&D, rapid revenue growth, and consistent profitability, we're now recognized by Gartner as a global leader in IP contact center solutions; by Datamonitor as the most trusted unified communications vendor among large enterprises; and by Software Magazine as the 196th largest software company in the world. Our technology innovation -- today backed by more than 3,000 global customers and 300 value-added resellers around the world – gives even the largest organizations an alternative when selecting between start-up vendors offering 'bleeding-edge' solutions, and the legacy dinosaurs that have simply put new names on the same old proprietary systems. We'll continue to raise the bar this year by building on our early adoption of SIP for even greater scalability and reliability. We'll offer a whole new set of on-demand contact center services, and we'll introduce the world's first all-in-one solution for business process automation. To all those customers who believed in us during the early years, I want to express my deepest gratitude. And to all those customers we've yet to win, I invite you to share in our vision of a modern, streamlined communications solution instead of the complicated tangle of proprietary devices offered by the rest of the pack."
- Dr. Donald E. Brown, Founder and CEO, Interactive Intelligence Inc.
Interactive Intelligence Inc. (NASDAQ: ININ) is a global provider of unified business communications solutions for contact center automation, enterprise IP telephony, and business process automation.
The company has developed an all-in-one IP communications software suite that's scalable and standards-based, offering single-platform architecture with inherent multi-channel processing to deliver comprehensive applications minus the cost and complexity introduced by multi-point vendors.
Founded in 1994 and backed by more than 3,500 customers worldwide, Interactive Intelligence is an experienced leader delivering a comprehensive solution-set comprised of premise-based and communications-as-a-service (CaaS) offerings, including software, hardware, consulting, support, education and implementation.
Interactive Intelligence customers represent a wide range of brand-name companies, including Abbott Labs, AIG, Amway, ASPCA, BMW, Bosch Group, Ceridian, Citrix Online Division, Computershare, Eli Lilly and Company, Finish Line, Harrah's Entertainment, Harvard University, Honda, Hydro-Québec, John Deere, Kohl's Department Stores, Microsoft, Motorola, Nautilus, Random House Group, Rolex, Sony, US Airways, Volvo, and Walgreens.
The company began licensing its products in 1997 and has grown in total revenues from $1.6 million in 1997 to $121.4 million in 2008. Interactive Intelligence sells its award-winning solutions through a global network of more than 300 VARs, including Affiliated Computer Services, Agori, Arvato (a division of Bertelsmann), AT&T, Atea, Computer Sciences Corp., Dimension Data, Hitachi, IBM, Iwatsu, Newtel Essence B.V. (a KPN Company), Ronco Communications & Electronics, and TietoEnator.
In addition to a mature and expansive reseller channel, Interactive Intelligence also offers a wide range of services via its Global Services teams (Support, Managed Services, Professional Services, Education, and CaaS) with approximately 150 service employees staffing offices in the U.S., U.K, Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Australia and Kuala Lumpur.
The Interactive Intelligence product line is ideal for mid to large-sized enterprises and contact centers, global 1,000 firms, and distributed organizations, including those with remote and mobile workers. Vertical specialties include financial services (banks and credit unions), outsourced services (teleservices and credit and collections), and higher education institutions.
Recent company awards include BusinessWeek's Hot Growth 50, Fortune Small Business Magazine's 100 Fastest Growing Companies, Software Magazine's Global Top 500 Software and Services Companies, and the Network World 200.Industry recognition includes the following:
- "Contact Center Leaders Quadrant," Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, Worldwide, Gartner, 2008
- "Top Ten Contact Center Vendors, North America, EMEA & APAC," Contact Center Market Share: Worldwide Totals, 2008, Gartner, 2009
- "Top Ten Inbound Contact Routing Vendors," North American Inbound Contact Routing Market, Frost & Sullivan, 2008
- "Most Trusted Unified Communications Vendor, Large Enterprises," Business Trends: Contact Center Investments in Developed Markets, Datamonitor, 2008
- "Top Ten Outbound Dialing Systems Vendors," North American Outbound Dialing Systems Market, Frost & Sullivan, 2009
- "Leading (top eight) IP Contact Center Vendors," Decision Matrix – Selecting an IP Contact Center Vendor, Datamonitor, 2009
- Russell 2000® Index
CaaS Featured Articles
- Vonage become Preferred Partner of The Alliance
- Altia Systems' PanaCast Plug-in Enables One Click Panoramic Video within Intel Unite
- ConnectSolutions New Suite of Capabilities in Support of Adobe Connect and Skype for Business
- UCaaS Market to Reach almost $25 Billion by 2020
- xMatters Announces Strong Q1 2015 Results
CaaS Case Studies
Latest CaaS Industry News
- Interphase Corporation Enters Into Manufacturing Agreement With VirTex Enterprises, LP
- Cross-Platform and Mobile Advertising Market Worth 80.45 USD Billion by 2020
- Voice Over LTE Market a $120 Billion Opportunity, Says a New VoLTE Ecosystem Research Report
- IoT Evolution Expo Concludes With Thousands of Attendees from the Entire Ecosystem
- WebRTC and CloudRTC Platforms: Communications as a Feature - Second Edition
CaaS Blog Posts
FREE CaaS eNewsletter
Click here to receive your targeted CaaS Community eNewsletter.