Cerium Networks Offering More UC in the Cloud
The computing and communication capabilities of smartphones are allowing organizations to interact with their employees, business associates and customers more efficiently than ever before. New generation tablets and smartphones have the same capability as desktops did not too long ago, but without the right applications to take advantage of these capabilities they might as well be standard cell phones. Cerium Networks, provider of end-to-end unified communications (UC) solutions, has launched a cloud-based communication platform that takes advantage of new smart mobile devices for communication and collaboration solutions.
Creating this platform allows Cerium to further exploit the strategic alliances it has with leading manufacturers such as Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya (News - Alert), Polycom, RSA, EMC, VMware and Zeacom for proper design, implementation, and support integrity across all devices and systems in UC for the cloud.
The biggest benefit of having a cloud-based UC is it gives organizations of any size the tools for managing a workforce that is increasingly more geographically dispersed. With this solution it is possible to access everyone with a service that allows virtually any device to be accessed anytime and virtually anywhere.
The platform integrates multiple communication and collaboration tools such as IM/chat, email, VoIP calling, web/audio and video conferencing, and voice mail. The whole system is integrated behind a single-user interface designed for mobile and PC usage no matter where the workforce is located or what type of device is being used.
This cloud solution introduces a new level of flexibility and agility for enterprises by taking advantage of the virtualization of servers to improve computing efficiency as well as introducing enterprise grade level infrastructure for small and medium-sized businesses. The on premise and cloud-based hardware and software solutions lets organizations focus IT efforts in operations instead of the complications generally associated with infrastructure.
- Supports Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environment
- Delivers customized, effective on-premises, cloud, and hybrid solutions
- Wi-Fi as a Service (WiFiaaS) offering fast, secure, and reliable wireless LAN access across multiple locations
- Video as a Service (VaaS) to bring people together and collaborating with HD video conferencing solution with content sharing and recording
- Cisco Unified Communications (News - Alert) as a Service (Cisco UCaaS) offering fast, secure, reliable, and affordable UC solution, integrated with your on-premises IP phone system
- Microsoft Lync as a service (Lync UCaaS) delivers advanced business phone service, productivity, and collaboration tools to communicate securely anywhere they have network connectivity, and automatically adapts to network conditions
"Agile (News - Alert) businesses need IT infrastructure that is flexible, scalable and intelligent. CeriumSky solutions deliver customized, hybrid, on-premises and cloud-based services that effectively meet those needs. As an experienced provider of unified communication solutions, Cerium's expertise serves as the foundation for the cloud services of CeriumSky. This combination truly delivers 'Cloud Solutions that Reign," said Scott Thone, VP of Services for Cerium.
Edited by Cassandra Tucker